Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 15 - My Blogging Challenge Update

Day 15 of my money making blog challenge.

My blog is already two weeks old and I have made improvements and done research and learned about new things and myself in the process.  Here is what I have been up to in the last few days.

Traffic to my Blog:
Technorati has still not completed my blog acceptance.
RSS Readership is up to 8 readers, Thank you!
Pinged blog again.
Submitted Traffic Post to Blog Carnivals.

Unfortunately I did not spend as much time on getting traffic to my blog this second week and I can see the results or lack of results.  My blog traffic was going up and then it went back down and seems to have tanked, so I can see this is an area where I am going to have to put more focus.


Money from Blog:
I have gotten 2 whole adsense clicks, while that is great it is an extremely slow progression.

Not sure if the Google Analytics are working or not.  I know that the reports are behind or not up to the minute but they conflict.  Very confusing and frustrating because I was told this was the most accurate reporting for unique visitors.

I changed my mind:
You may have noticed, or not, but I am now a .com.  I changed my domain from a blogspot to http://www.mybloggingfortune.com/  I was doing some thinking back to a past failure and I want to be sure that history does not repeat itself.

I was an eBay Powerseller then one day one of my competitors got jealous of my success and reported me to eBay.  I did nothing to break the rules but their decision is final and there is no appeal process and I was out of luck.

I realized that blogger who is owned by Google had shut down some blogs around the last presidential election and they probably did nothing wrong either, some of them got reinstated, but that is not the point.

The point is that I don't want to work hard for six months or a year and then all of the sudden have my blog locked because they think I broke a rule.  This way if that happens I will just go out and get my own hosting and will move all my posts there.

Just a little explanation of the recent change of heart or mind.  They want to protect their investments and I am going to do the same for me.  I did not want to spend the money until I had it to reinvest back into the blog, but I felt it was the right thing to do before I went any further.

New Blog Goals:
  •  Publish 2 Blog Posts a day until March
  •  Work on getting traffic to my blog daily.


Search and Earn - Amazon, Target & PayPal Gift Cards

Search & Win
 
footer