Sunday, March 7, 2010

Free Blog Traffic Challenge - Week One FollowUp

Seven days ago I decided to try everything I know of to get more traffic to my blog.  Of course being a new blog I want to get some free traffic and I am willing to put in the work to get all of these backlinks.

Here is my report on how this past week has gone:
Free Blog Traffic Challenge - Week 1:
1. Sign up at Entrecard.com
2. Article to GoArticles
3. Squidoo Lens
4. Article to Ezine Articles
5. Blog Carnivals
6. Bookmark on Digg, Delicious, and Onlywire.com
7. Make 20 comments to like blogs


I think signing up for Entrecard (Free) was the best thing I could have done.  I am seeing a steady rise in traffic and most of it is coming from Entrecard users.  I have gotten some comments and feel like I am getting to know some of the bloggers in this community.  I am dropping 100 out of 300 cards, my bounce rate is up but I think at this beginning stage it is worth it.

The articles and squidoo lens are out there but as of yet have not produced anything for me yet.  Only one view from a GoArticles submission, hopefully this goes up because I don't think the time it took me to write the article and submit is worth only one click.

It is too soon to tell if the social bookmarking did anything, but it usually will not unless it gets on the popular list. 

I made 20 comments on other blogs and it was way more difficult than I thought it would be.  I have made a few comments here and there on some blogs that I like and that was easy.  But reading 20 blog posts so I could leave an intelligent comment that was related to the post proved a long somewhat boring process.  On a positive note I found a new blogger that I like and will go back to read.  This was not a task that I enjoyed and wish that I would not need to repeat it, but I probably will because it is good for business.

Tomorrow I will post next weeks challenging items in the hopes that it will bring more free blog traffic, you can follow along if you want more blog visitors.

Search and Earn - Amazon, Target & PayPal Gift Cards

Search & Win
 
footer